NEAFL REPRESENTATIVE TEAM COACH 2014
The NEAFL aims to develop local and AFL talent in a high quality second tier competition which is part of the AFL talent pathway.
In 2014 the NEAFL competition will comprise of 14 clubs, one ladder and one final series. The consolidation of the competition aims to improve the overall standard and ensure the competition is truly one competition . As part of these changes the NEAFL will for the first time have one combined representative team.
The NEAFL are currently seeking a Representative Team Coach, responsible for designing and implementing a two match program for a NEAFL team which will play the WAFL in Sydney on May 24th and the TSL in Hobart on June 21st.
Key responsibilities will include:
- work with NEAFL Operations Managers (OMs) to finalise all support staff roles,
- attend Football Managers and Coaches meetings,
- regular contact with NEAFL coaches and State/Academy talent managers,
- develop initial squad in consultation with selectors,
- develop timeline for the program and a roster with NEAFL OMs to cover all matches,
- attend two matches per week, watch other weekly games on video, and review statistics,
- regular post match discussion with coaches, football managers, and players,
- regular contact with key players,
- regular contact with state team medical (esp. physio) staff in the final three weeks,
- coordinate weekly selection meetings.
We seek a self- motivated individual with:
- recent coaching experience at an AFL club, State League senior level or elite under-age competition,
- minimum level two coaching accreditation,
- preferably be independent of club football and no direct coaching/support role in 2014,
- be familiar with players and the competition
- have passion for the NEAFL competition and vision
- an ability to oversee a program remotely
To apply: Submit your application (preferably 2 page maximum) via email to Craig Starcevich at Craig.Starcevich@aflq.com.au by: 5pm Friday, 28th February 2014